The Learning Place at the Cultural Center offers a variety of classes and workshops to address the needs and interests of the Charlotte community. Classes are generally offered within eight week terms (some are offered as 4-week classes, some as 6-week classes, and some as 8-week classes.) Check the calendar below for the terms for the 2013 year.
For general information about the classes and workshops being offered in the coming term or month, click on the category of interest shown below or from the navigation bar under "Education" then "Classes".
For more detailed information about a class or to register for a class or workshop stop by the office of The Learning Place at 2280 Aaron Street, or call 941-625-4175, Ext. 223.
• Whether you are looking for Computer Classes for your own enjoyment or to enhance your work skills, The
Learning place can provide what you need. Great instructors who have many years of teaching experience, computer labs with state of the art computers and programs (lots and lots of programs) are here for your use. And, if you want, just give a call to the Learning place and tell us what’s missing. We’ll try to offer any program within reason.
Computer May - July 6th
Computer Classes Descriptions
• At The Learning Place general classes fall into several categories including Art Classes, Craft Classes, Dance Classes, Fitness Classes, Humanities Classes, Language Classes, Music Classes, Children's Classes and Special Interest Classes. This latter category includes classes in Bridge and Photography currently, but may include other areas from time to time. The next 8 week term for general classes begins January 7th.
General Classes May 13 - July 11th
• When your time or money is short, and you want to explore a new area of interest before making a major commitment, you want to look at the workshop opportunities at The Learning Place.
• Workshops are generally 2 to 6 hour courses offered in one day. Often workshops are offered on Saturdays to make them available to those in the community who are employed. The subjects available in the workshops offered by The Learning Place might be called eclectic-that is, they might be anything from some aspect of computers, to how to make a craft treasure, to what you might call Life Style interests.
• Workshops are numerous and change each month, so check this website regularly to see what’s coming up. Iif there is something you would like to see offered be sure to give a call to The Learning Place.
Each month the workshop first number will coincide with the month, for example:
WS-227 - PC Maintenance
WS = Workshop, 2= February, 27 = Class Number
So, if you cannot remember the class number, just remember the month number and we can get you signed up for the correct class.
May Workshop Schedule
May Workshop Descriptions
June Workshop Schedule
June Workshop Descriptions
• No matter if it is a computer class, a general class or a workshop, The Learning Place is always looking for experienced teachers to present new classes. If you would like to share your expertise in any area, please contact The Learning Place at phone# 941-625-4175 ext 236 or by e-mailing at: email@example.com
Monday - Friday